Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Random Stuff

Some sites and thoughts today.

First up is http://tv.winelibrary.com/

I used to watch this guy's daily podcast, but I've since grown tired of it. He's a bit 'in your face' for my taste, but he's doing two really important things in wine. 1: He's blasting away the aura that wine is snooty. Thank God for that! 2: He's using tech, blogging, podcasting, Facebook, etc. to promote his love of wine.

Next up is another blogger I found. http://chezraywinery.blogspot.com

This guy is doing what I hope to be doing in a few years. Huge blog, tons of useful info if you're interested in making your own wine.

Finally there's
www.the1819redbrickinn.com

This B&B is in the NY Finger Lakes region, and is our favorite place to stay when we go there. The owners, Wendy and Rob are two of the best hosts you can find. On our first stay there, we were with 2 other couples who were friends of ours. We all found ourselves in the kitchen with Wendy and Rob (where else do you end up when you're visiting someone's home?) talking and laughing till very late/early. This is not a B&B where you feel like you're staying at your grandmother's house, and everything is pristine and untouched because nobody's allowed to touch anything.

I say that wine is best drunk conversing with friends in a relaxing environment. Wendy and Rob provide the environment, and the conversation. You just need to bring the wine.

One last thing. I'm playing around with ads on the blog. I've been watching the sponsored ads for the last couple of days, and they're not shady. I'm seeing ads for wine meetups, homebrew suppliers I've bought stuff from, and wine reviews from magazines I've checked out. I'd never ask you to click on them, I'll just say I was surprised to see legitimate links.

Do I need a cool signoff?

No comments: