Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Trainers love to drink

Sadly, I have to have a day job...chilling out with wine doesn't pay the bills.

My whole team, folks from three states, is in town for the week, and I brought a few bottles to dinner last night, as the place we ate did not serve alcohol.

Bottle each of 2006 Zin and Chard, large bottle each of 2007 Zin and Chard, and 2007 Diamond. 19 of us, 80 minutes, and it the first non family Gowden's Wines sampling was a hit.

This was the first I've tasted the 2006 Chard in a while. It's mellowing out wonderfully. My Zins are still a little harsh, but hold up well to pasta. Anyone who likes sweet, loved the Diamond (and I'm a little surprised Heidi gave up a bottle so easily ;-)

I was a little nervous. A few bottles here and there have gone rogue, and this was my boss, his boss, and my peers...not where I want to drop the ball/cork/grape..insert metaphor here. I do wish I had the time to bottle the blueberry, and I wish the 2006 Syrah had something more like flavor. Oh well.

Happy drinking!

Sean

No comments: