Monday, August 25, 2008

Payback was pretty sweet

I worked with Jeanne for roughly 10 years. This past Thursday was my last day working near her (I've taken a new job in the company) and I guess you could say I left a parting gift...winemaking.

Jeanne and her husband Peter have several blueberry bushes on their property. I'm not aware of how many, just that they have enough to give to everyone who asks, and then some. They have so many, in fact, that Jeanne asked me on Thursday what she needed to buy to make blueberry wine. I gave her a recipe and a shopping list of equipment for her first 6 gallons and sent her excitedly on her way.

Today I stopped by to ask how it went.

Five gallons of wine did not claim enough berries (10 lbs) and Peter bought another primary to get another five gallons going. She asked 'do you want any berries?' Do I want berries? Of course.

Tomorrow I get to pick up 10 lbs of blueberries. I'll add 2 lbs of my own to fill our the 12 lbs/6 gallon fermenter. I can't wait.

Free berries, and I passed the hobby onto another unsuspecting victim. Heh Heh Heh.

To be continued on Tuesday...

No comments: